Adopt A Guinea Pig!
Thank you for wanting to adopt and not supporting breeders or pet stores!
Same day adoptions are possible. Please click the link below to start your adoption.
ADOPTION APPLICATION FORM
As soon as you submit the application you will be redirected to the appointment page where you can reserve a time to visit the shelter and adopt. Same day adoptions are available.
Guinea Pigs are social creatures that thrive in the company of other pigs. Because of this we do not re home single guinea pigs unless the animal is to be a companion for the guinea pig (s) you already have. So please count on adopting at least a pair or trio of guinea pigs. We only adopt out same sex pairs or neutered male/female pairs.
- $35 for one single guinea pig $50 for a same sex pair $60 for a same sex trio $85 for a trio that contains a neutered boar.
- Neutered males have an adoption fee of $50 and $75 for a neutered male/ female pair.
SUPPLIES – We sell a few essential items at great prices.
- Timothy Hay at a great price – $20.00 for a huge bag !
- Cavy Cuisine Timothy Pellets for adult or baby pigs 10lbs bags $15
- A variety of appropriate cages. We have brand new Coroplasts sheets for sale at $20 that would make a 2×3 or 2×4 C&C cage. More info here on C&C cages www.guineapigcages.com We also have complete Midwest Guinea Pig Habitat Cages for sale at $45
- Thoroughbed Pine shavings – $15 for a giant bag
NOTE ABOUT BABY ADOPTIONS - baby guinea pigs (8 weeks and younger only) are 1 per family and must either be adopted with a same sex or neutered guinea pig that is older than 8 weeks or as a buddy for an existing guinea pig.
KIDS – If you are adopting for your children you need to read his article first. Kids and Guinea Pigs You may decide that a guinea pig is not for you after reading this information.
CAGES – The typical pet store cages are not ok for guinea pigs – even the XL versions. For this reason we (and every other guinea pig rescue) do not allow adoptions unless an approved cage will be used to house the animals. If you have a problem with this we suggest you look into adopting a different animal altogether, preferably one that will not be restricted to a cage or is happy with a smaller living arrangement like a hamster. It is our job to make sure the pigs will live in an appropriate cage that will keep them healthy and happy. Guinea pigs need specific cages. So do not buy a cage yet till you have read the cage requirements we have. We sell 2 types of cages.
We speak from experience. We have been caring for and rescuing guinea pigs for over 14 years.